Message from the Chair
The committee has had its first meeting since the changes imposed by Covid 19. I therefore wish to bring members up to date with what is happening (or not) for the remainder of this year and some thoughts going forward.
Below is the current position regarding events which had been planned for this year. When we have any more details I will ensure that you are advised.
We are also looking forward to the Annual general Meeting in 2021 and once a date has been confirmed we will let you know.
We have agreed that for those members who have paid subscriptions for 2020 this this will also cover membership for 2021.
The following is what we have decided for events scheduled for the remainder of the year :-
- 29th to 31st August – Planters Garden Centre. We have decided not to go ahead with this due to limited space and current social distancing guidelines
- 19th September – Rotherfield Craft Fair will not take place as the hall are unsure how to apply current regulations given the facilities
- 3rd October – Crowborough Craft Fair. We have decided to postpone until 2021 as the current regulations would restrict numbers or stalls and those wishing to attend
- 16th to 18th October – Firle Garden Show will be going ahead but given the uncertainties regarding the use of marquees and the number of people who would be allowed in at any time we have decided not to attend this year.
- 23rd & 24th October – Hastings College. With the current uncertainty regarding the use of school facilities we do not believe that this will be possible this year and have therefore agreed to cancel.
- 14th & 15th November Llama Park. The park will not be holding any events this year so this has been cancelled
- 20th &21 November – Cooden Beach Hotel. Given the size of the space and time until the event we are continuing to discuss our options with the hotel
6th & 13th December – Blackbrooks Garden Centre. Given the time until this even and the way that the space is allocated we are continuing to discuss
Those members who have previously booked pitches at events which have been cancelled will the advised by the organiser
If any payments have been banked the Treasurer will arrange to refund payment to you.